Government Data Standards
Lead agencies to formulate field data standards
Promote government data standards and transform data into more valuable resources through unified standards to achieve widespread application to all levels of society. The Ministry analyzes relevant international data standards, sets up the "Field Data Standards Formulation Procedure Guideline", and leads various ministries to establish and promote field standards. Enhance practical applications through the establishment of data standard platform with all field data standards, and discover high value data standards with public benefits and economic value among those field data standards to accelerate data exchange and integration effectiveness; furthermore, regular education and training is provided to strengthen agency users' awareness of data standards and improve their professional skills.
Data Standard Validation Tool
Apart from setting up data standards in various fields, the Government Data Standards Platform also focus on the quality and consistency of data to effectively promote data standards, provide APIs to access data standards, and design data standard verification tools to enable easy data verification, data query and value-added data application.
Introduction of the Platform
To aid all sectors in querying field data standards set by the government, the Ministry has established the "Government Data Standards Platform" (schema.gov.tw), where lists various field data standards in a centralized manner and gradually completes a more comprehensive environment for data exchange. The main features of the platform are briefly described below:
- Home page - provide the latest data standard list, popular fields list, and related website links.
- Integrated search - provide keyword search for data standard lists or content from the Open Data Codes section.
- Fields page - provide a list with current existing data standards and statistics for numbers of click.
- Data standards list page - provide data standard contents, data standard verification, and URI download.
- Government data code section - provide government data code content and code data download.
- API service page - to facilitate system program access, various data standards property such as update time, field, subject, category, data name, and data type are provided in the machine-readable JSON format.